Stomach burns and heart races due to anxiety. Why does it happen after eating? What am I suffering from?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Dear Doctor, I am XXXXXXX Since morning I ve been facing stomach burning sensation and at times anxiety of heartbeat. I had bfast even not controlled after having glucose,plain water, lemonwater the symptoms not reduced. after having watermelon, the un easyness reduced and got some comfort. but after having lunch again burning sensation appeared . I am feeling some gas out of mouth.Please advice me in this

in above the symptoms I have sore throat since yesterday and yesterday evening I also had moderate hunger pain .
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 23 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
From the description that you have provided, it appears to be peptic ulcer disease. This is a condition where excessive acid is produced by the stomach. This leads to the burning sensation that you describe. This needs to be confirmed by endoscopy. Endoscopy will reveal the exact area which is affected. Till then, the following measures will help:
a. Have small frequent meals. Eat something small and healthy every 3-4 hours
b. Have an early dinner. Prefer drinking a cup of milk at night.
c. Avoid alcohol, caffeine ( found in tea and coffee) and smoking
d. Talk to your physician about a drug called a proton pump inhibitor like pantoprazole. These help reduce acid secretion and will provide considerable relief. These are prescription drugs and require an in person evaluation.
e. You can have 1 XXXXXXX of ENO in 1/2 glass water to provide immediate relief. Alternatively, you can have 2 tsp Digene syrup when you have the pain.

Hope this helps. I would be available for follow ups.
With regards