Stomach and bowel movements make loud noises even when I 'm not hungry. What is wrong?

I have a very embarrassing problem, My stomach and bowl are making very loud noices and i can't bare it anymore as it, I'm not hungry, Don't need to pass wind and iv taken so many tablets nothing has worked.
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 5 hours later

Thanks for your query. I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Noises within the stomach and bowels are a normal part of gastrointestinal physiology. Most of the time they are inaudible; when it becomes loud the causes could be hyper motility of the gut, partial obstruction within the gut, excessive gas in the gut, excessive fluid in the gut, maldigestion or malabsorption, some food allergy, upset stomach or symptoms such as abdominal pain, difficulty or inability to pass stools, abdominal bloating, bowel disturbances, then this is unlikely to be a serious concern.

A direct abdominal examination by a competent physician will help to narrow down the possibilities.

I advice you eat smaller portions, not drinking a lot of fluids and avoid spicy food, better to avoid meat meals and quit smoking if any. These small changes in the lifestyle should be helpful in solving your problem. I would suggest you to consult your local physician if these symptoms persist.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope I have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer