Stomach ache, fever. Taking rekool L, oolac, drotin plus. Prescribed normaxin RT, gap geridys, tab neeri. Enlarged liver in ultrasound. Is the medication right?

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was feeling burning in my stomach and pain for last 15 days, with slight fever which I never felt except on one or two occasions that too revealed at the doctor’s clinic. However pain in stomach and burning sensation used to occur once or twice in a day. As per doctor prescription, I was taking Rekool L (1 time in the morning empty stomach), Oolac (2 times a day), Drotin Plus (thrice a day). These medicines I took for 10 days. Now, the doctor has prescribed me Normaxin RT (twice a day), Cap Geridys (twice a day), Tab Neeri (thrice a day) and Tab SAC 250 (twice a day). Further the doctor advised for stool R/e and Urin R/e and full abdomen ultrasound. The Urine and Stool reports are normal. However, the ultrasound report has revealed Enlarged lever 15.8 cms in size and shows moderate to gross diffuse increase in echogenecity. Hepatomegaly with hepatic streatosis (grade II-III). Further the reports says a simple cortical cyst measuring approx. 26 x 23 mm in size in the lower pole region of right kidney. Right Renal simple cortical cyst.

My doctor has told to not to worry about cyst and has advised to completely stop butter, outside and fried food for life. Further, he has told me that he will change the medicine after one week.

Now, I have some queries :

i)     Is the doctor right on his part about the cyst.
ii)     The medication is right for the time being.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards, XXXXXXX Bedi

Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for ur query.
The doctor is correct and simple cortical renal cysts need no intervention and yearly scans can be done as followup.
Regarding the drugs, I would be happy to know the contents of them, which will be written on the medicine. Pls get back.

Dr GS, Urologist.
Follow-up: Stomach ache, fever. Taking rekool L, oolac, drotin plus. Prescribed normaxin RT, gap geridys, tab neeri. Enlarged liver in ultrasound. Is the medication right? 21 hours later
Thanks. Sorry for delay in replying. The medicine were at home i was carrying only NEERI in the office. Please note the contents of the medicine :

Geridys composition :
Alpha Galactosidase     -      150 mg
Lipase Enzyme          -     3 mg
Alpha Amylase IP     -     50 mg
Enzyme (1:800)
Protease Enzyme     -     25 mg
Lactase Enzyme          -     7 mg
Excipients          -     q.s.

SAC 250 composition :
Lyophilized Saccharomyces
Boulardii          -     282.5 mg
(corresponding to 250 mg of yeast)
Other ingredient     -     Ascorbic Acid

Neeri composition :
Pashanbhed               -     60 mg XXXXXXX Pushp               -     50 mg
Swait Parpati (AFI-III)          -     25 mg
Appamarg Panchang          -     20 mg XXXXXXX Ext.               -     20 mg XXXXXXX Shilajeet (RTS-I)          -     15 mg
Punernava               -     50 mg
Hajrul Yahood Bhasam (RTS-I)     -     45 mg
Sahdevi                    -     20 mg
Gokhru                    -     20 mg
Lajaloo Mool               -     15 mg
Yavakshar (AFI-I)          -     10 mg

Normaxin RT composition :
Clidinium Bromide USP           -     2.5 MG
Ranitidine Hydrochloride I.P.
Equivalent to Ranitidine      -     75 mg
Chlordiazepoxide I.P.          -     5 mg
Dicyclomine Hydrochloride IP     -     10 mg

All the above medicines I would be taking twice morning and evening for another six days, except NEERI which is thrice a day. Doctor has told me that from 24th XXXXXXX 2012 he will change the medicine, till then i have to take these medicines.

Sir, i would like to know:

1) How much time the liver would take come to normal size.
2) What fruits / foods should i include in my diet.

Thanks & Regards, XXXXXXX Bedi
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
None of these medicines are meant for the kidney condition.
Your doctor would be the best person to assess about the liver.
If you are worried, a consultation with a medical or surgical gastroenterologist would help.
Hope it is clear.
Pls accept the answer, if u don't have further doubt about the kidney condition.
Get well soon.

DR GS, Urologist.