Stomach ache. Given antibiotics. What should be done?

Question
what to do
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 32 minutes later

Please type the medical query here. I am ready to answer all your queries till satisfaction.

Regards.

Follow-up: Stomach ache. Given antibiotics. What should be done? 56 minutes later
Dear Doc,

My daughter is having stomach ache since last 8 days. She has been given stomach infection anti biotic still pain not going away. What should I do now?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 24 minutes later

The stomach ache due to an infection cannot be prolonged for 8 days. Were you given ample pain killers for the stomach ache? Did she use it as per prescription? If yes then there is need to review the diagnosis with further testing.

Most stomach infections are viral in nature and benign too. They should subside in 7 to 10 days. I can assist with other possibilities if you can provide the details of the nature of problem and the duration.

Please go back to your doctor for review.

Follow-up: Stomach ache. Given antibiotics. What should be done? 22 hours later
.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later

I was just informed by the support team.

Our dietician was trying to reach you on your phone number, 0000 , and on your email id, YYYY@YYYY . But unfortunately, the dietician could not contact you. Can you please send your updated phone number and email id at YYYY@YYYY ?

They will do their best to give you a good experience.