Stitches on forehead after an injury, no signs of concussion, headache, vomiting

My 6 year old daughter slipped & hit her forehead on the bottom corner of the wall. We took her to the Children's Er where she received 6 stitches. She showed no signs of having a concussion at all after hitting her head. Exactly a week later (today) she was complaint of a headache before bed. She went to sleep & about an hour later she vomitted twice. I don't know what to do now. Please any advice would help.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 11 minutes later

After a fall with injury to the head which is followed by vomiting after a week indicates that the intracranial tension is raised. This is a warning symptom and indicates that the injury is not mild and external in nature as such injuries can also be XXXXXXX

In such a case, it is always better to get a physical examination and a CT/ MRI head done to rule out any subdural hemorrhage.

Symptoms of subdural hemorrhage have a slower onset than those of epidural hemorrhages because the lower pressure veins bleed more slowly than arteries. Thus signs and symptoms may show up within 24 hours but can be delayed as much as 2 weeks.

Kindly consider visiting a Pediatrician earliest for clinical examination and required investigations.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.