Ask a Urologist   »  

Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative?

Dermatologist
Question
I gave my urine test to check for infections. had suffered uti which led to pain in testicle. The pain has reduced a lot with treatment.
The reports came negative. I still feel a slight sting occasionally on the tip of my penis. Does not burn while peeing. My question is, i have been having Himalaya Cystone for nearly 10 days now. Did that make my urine test result negative. Is that possible?
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi patient,

Urinary tract infection are associated with pain and burning with micturition.

Himalaya cystone has anti microbial activity.Which can reduce infection and can sometimes cause test to become negative.

Himalaya cystone is used for urinary calculi and prevents stone formation.

Also it can reduce the pain and associated infection.

You can safely take it for 15 days.

If you have any further query do let me know.

Hope this helps.
Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 56 minutes later
So that means my urine report could me false negative. I ll have to stop cystone before taking a urine test again. So how many days after i stop cystone should i go fot the urine culture again?
The doc said i dont need antibiotics since my reports are all normal. Should i go with the doc or stop cystone and do a urine test again.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again,

Your test is not false negative.It is negative due to effect of medication.

Continue cystone for 10 more days and then stop it.

After that if symptoms persist then you can re do urine test.

Hope Ive made myself clear.

Regards.

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 41 hours later
One more question. The testicle pain is almost gone. But since then i feel discomfort after peeing. doesn't burn while peeing. its a slight sting on tip and discomfort/pain in urethra at the base of penis, though not severe.
I have no discharge.
Should i see the doc again or will it get cured by itself.

Also, can you tell me the correct procedure to give urine test.

Regards..

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again,

According to me the pain/sting will go away on its own.You should wait for some days.

Urine sample should be given in following way.

-It should be early morning sample.
-Clean catch
-Mid stream urine
-container should not touch urethra
-Urethra should be cleaned before collecting sample.

Hope this helps.

If you have liked my answer please indicate it by rating it at the end.

Regards.

Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 52 minutes later
But i gave the sample at night. Drank loads of water and immediately gave the sample. So is this not conclusive.
How much time does it take for himalaya cystone to be out of my system so i can go for urine test again.
Regards.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 37 minutes later
Hi again ,

Approximately seven days are needed to excrete the drug .

After that if you have symptoms you can retest urine.Otherwise no testing is required.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 26 hours later
HI,

There is a slight swelling on my left testicle which can be seen only when the scrotum is shrunk. And also slight redness. But i feel no pain except for what i have mentined earlier.
Do i have to worry or i just forget about it.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 hours later
Hi again,

My advise to you would be to not do anything about it.

Redness and swelling will go away on its own.

There is nothing to be worried about.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 2 days later
Hello Doctor,

Just got a penis swab test done which was really painful. After that i peed and it burned really bad. I m never gonna do that test again. Its fine when i m not peeing. Now, i m really scared to pee. How long will this pain last because i have to give my semen for culture tomorrow. Will this also hurt while ejaculating. going crazy.

Next he gave me a prostate massage. Gosh, that was painful again. Now after 3.5 hours the discomfort still exists. Feels like i have anal fissures. How long will this pain last? Waiting for your reply in anticipation.
Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 3 minutes later
p.s can i take my semen from home. i got the container from hospital. Does it have to be given immediately after ejaculation.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later
Hi again ,

You can take analgesic & anti inflammatory drug for pain.

Regarding semen collection most laboratories require semen samples to be collected on-site as the semen needs to be examined within one hour after ejaculation.

To give sperm a chance to replenish, a man should abstain from ejaculating for two to four days before the sample is collected.

Hope this helps you.

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 9 hours later
Just got sonogram of scrotum done. The doctor said the veins are inflamed. The pain has improved since 5 days. I feel very slight pain as of now which is on and off. Should i be worried. What treatment is needed for this?
Does having sex worsen the case?
p.s He said its a grade 2 varicocele. not visible though.
Follow-up: Stinging on tip of penis, no burning while urinating. Taking Himalaya Cystone. Did that make urine test negative? 13 minutes later

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 minutes later
Hi again,

Varicocele is enlarged, twisted veins in the scrotum.

They present with painless testicle lump, scrotal swelling, or bulge in the scrotum

Pain is usually absent.

You should get abdominal ultrasound done as kidney tumours may sometimes cause varicocele.

Surgery is treatment of choice.Long standing varicocele may cuase infertility.

Hope this helps.