Stinging and burning sensation while having intercourse. On minera coil. Reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
BURNING SENSATION, STINGING ON SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, I AM 49 AND I THINK I AM GOING THROUGH MENOPUSE SCANTY MONTHLY BLEEDING, HAVE A MIRENA COIL.
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later

It appears that you are in a pre-menopausal age. Assuming that your Diabetes is under control, the stinging that you get on sexual intercourse may mostly be due to dry sex and Vaginitis. The reason to get Vaginitis can be due to less secretion of vaginal fluid which is common at pre-menopausal age .

If you do not have any Urinary symptoms associated with this, the use of antiseptic Hormonal lubricants containing Oestrogen will resolve the problem. Please consult a qualified Gynaecologist for a proper clinical examination and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr. Patil..