Sting on stomach, applied mustard, itching, red circle on stomach. Used hydrocortisone. Any suggestions?

I have a question. I was cleaning my pool yesterday and was cleaning from the outside of it. All of the sudden I felt a sting on my stomach underneath my shirt. I was thinking it was a wasp but wasn't for sure. I came inside and put mustard on it because the mustard is an old remedy to pull the poison out which I tried it before and worked. Anyway it stopped hurting and I went back outside and finished what I was doing. Today my stomach started itching real bad. I can't hardly see the bite or sting but I have a red large circle on my stomach that increased in size and is itching bad. I've been using hydrocortisone to try and help the itching. Any suggestions?
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 22 minutes later

Thanks for writing in .

You are having insect bite.The red circle you are describing is urticarial wheal.

It is an reaction to the products released by the insect.

Now you should take tab zytec for itching and anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and swelling.

You can apply cool soothing lotion like calamine.

Also you can cold sponging to reduce symptoms.

There is nothing to be worried about. This will go away in 1 weeks time.

Hope this helps.

If you need any further clarification do let me know.