Still bleeding in small quantity from long time. Cure?

I am still bleeding in small quantity since 1 months i am enough of it now i want to be back normal
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proper assessment and hormone treatment helps.

Detailed Answer:

You did not mention if this is the first time such spotting has occurred, if you are on any contraception, if you did have regular cycles prior to this and if you did miss a period. I would like to know the history to be able to comment further.

In case of such spotting, usually a thorough examination is made, local causes are excluded, a pap smear and a vaginal swab are taken, a complete hormonal study is ordered and a trans-vaginal sonogram is done to assess the pelvic organs. Blood counts and urinalysis are done to look for any other infection. The immediate control of the spotting is most often achieved with a course of progesterone, but, the treatment further is based on the cause identified.

Acute weight disturbances have to be corrected and a healthy weight should be maintained. Stress in any form can aggravate the condition. Any infections anywhere should be attended to. Regular exercise and a healthy weight help a lot. Nutritional supplementation may be needed if deficiencies are noticed.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Still bleeding in small quantity from long time. Cure? 22 hours later

Good afternoon,

I had an abortion twice this fearing social problems and family, my last normal mense was 12.06.2013 then i was pregnant after that on 10.08.2013 ihad the abortion. after that i bleed for one week and until noe it is only small quantity daily for e.g 1 or two spoon.
at that same time my boyfriend left me becausei was ignoring him and that lead me to a stress which i think contributes to it.
i did not miss my period but after 10.08.2013 i had bleeding only one day on 17.09.2013.

Now if you tell me to do the test i can do it but please tell me how will i approach the doctor. i am really embarassed hope you understand or is there any alternative than going to do these tests, try any medications.. please reply or tell me what tests exactly i need to do. i was having regular menses before my abortion.

Thanks and regards
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Incomplete abortion must be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

I completely sympathize with you and can understand your difficulty, but, please remember, no doctor will look down upon you for the state you are in. Your personal problems will not come into play when a doctor sees you and that is all medical profession is about.

Coming to your situation, I strongly feel you have the need to see a gynecologist for excluding chances of an incomplete abortion and also any post-abortal hormonal imbalances etc. It should not be a major problem and simple medications and hormone supplements should suffice once the completeness of the abortion is proved. In future, please take proper precautions and use some regular contraception as recurrent abortions can ruin your health as well as pose difficulties in future fertility.

Stress has its own impact on the menstrual cycle. Please find a career that helps you remain concentrated and productive. Practice meditation on a regular basis. Such simple techniques help you to relieve stress.

Hope your query is answered. Please get back for further clarifications. I will be ready to help.