Stiffness in back. Having sprain in back and getting relief after massage. Not taking pain killers. Suggest the cure?

I'm having a stiffness in my back when I wake up in the morning. The same feeling is there when I get up after sitting on the floor for some time. Also when I get up after sitting in a chair having a depth, I feel the stiffness and pain in my back. I'm 166 cm tall and my weight is around 72 Kg.
Some time I also get sprain in my back which gets cured only after lots of messaging and application of hot bag at the area of pain.
I'm not consuming any pain killer fire this and neither I'll be interested in having them.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
LS belt

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Orthopedics, working with an experienced spine surgeon. I answer on his behalf.

Stiffness and pain in the lower back is an indication of spondylosis in the lumbosacral spine. This happens due to lack of exercise or due to long hours of sitting during work.

Wear a Lumbosacral belt which minimizes the movement in the spine and allow the joints to heal leading to symptom free back.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Stiffness in back. Having sprain in back and getting relief after massage. Not taking pain killers. Suggest the cure? 58 minutes later
is it the start of the spondylosis or is it sign of getting? What are the remedies to cure this. How long do I need to wear the belt in a day and when all. Will wearing belt will cure this problem or will I have to wear Belt continously for a long period. why does spondylosis occurs?

I hope you'll take time to answers all my query.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its the initial stage

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

I suspect you to be in the initial stage of the spondylosis.

Prevention is what you can do. Wearing LS belt would suffice, You can also take calcium supplements.

Wear the belt when you are sitting for long hours.

Spondylosis occurs due to constant pressure on the vertebrae during sitting posture. This can lead to fusion of the bones or damage of the discs which exist between the vertebrae.