Stiff, sore and itchy legs. What could be causing this?

my lower legs seem to be quite stiff and sore and backs of them itch, I play golf and it is a few holes in before my legs feel better. what could be the problem?
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later

You should have mentioned the duration of the problem and do the legs ache increase when you walk for long distances?

A glance of the query I could think of following possibilities
1) Skin infection or contact dermatitis because of your sport
2) Calcium and/or Magnesium deficiency because of dietary insufficiency or no supplementation
3) Blood supply to the legs could be hampered.

You need to check with the local doctor and some tests for confirmation of the diagnosis and right treatment.

Get back to me further inquiry.