Stiff neck, upper back pain, lower arm pain. On painkillers, muscle relaxants. Smoked meth, drank alcohol. Pain management techniques?

i smoked meth on 17 November 2011. This is my 4th time having meth in my whole life. 1 day before that i drank 4 glasses of whisky. on 19 November untill now i have the followings;

i) stiff neck and left arm
ii) upper left back pain
iii) lower arm pain

i have taken numerous pain killer, wind and muscle relaxing medicines untill today. But i still feel the same pain even now.

The pain will be gone after 30 minutes of jogging but it will return in the early morning about 5 am.

The pain will be gone after 15 minutes of massage but it will return in the early morning about 5 am.

please help
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 12 hours later

You could possibly be suffering from any of the following conditions, with the first one being more probable than the second one.
•     Pain due to muscle spasm: It is possible that some unusual exercise or sleeping in an inappropriate posture ( which is common after taking a drug like methamphetamine and alcohol), a muscle has gone into spasm and is causing pain.
•     An underlying illness of spine manifesting after intoxication like: slip disc, infection of spine

I would recommend the following
•     Minimize use of such substances in the future as they have a host of effects on the body and damage it in the long run.
•     Give rest to the affected area. Massaging the affected area would also help.
•     If the pain is excessive, physiotherapy would be useful.
•     Pain killers with muscle relaxant property like combinations of diclofenac with chlorzoxazone will be helpful.
•     Consult your treating physician who can examine you to rule out any pathology in spine.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.