Stiff neck, migraine before orgasm, nausea, eye pain, headache

I have had a stiff neck for 3 months and I now experience an instant migraine just before orgasm. My neck becomes tense at the base of my skull. I experience nausea, pain behind the eyes, a headache at the front and temples and a bad ache at the back and top of my neck. This is the first time it has happened and has now happened every time since. I've also not been sleeping well due to neck pain in the night. I also have restricted movement in the neck area. I believe this has come about from years of doing judo which I've not done for 10 years but I still keep fit.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
There is a class of headache which is associated specifically with sexual activity and is related to the timing of orgasm (either precedes. during or after orgasm). You may be having that.
Another possibility is that degenerative changes which have been found on X-rays are causing pain in a specific position of the head.
You need to consult a neurologist. You may need scan of the brain and spine. After confirming the diagnosis you may be put on medications as per the diagnosis.
If you have any more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.