Stiff muscles, pain, pins and needles sensation all over body. History of similar condition. Taken Tylenol. Treatment?

Yesterday, we had a small burial service and I was only outside for about a half hour. It was extrememly hot. We went for dinner after and I felt fine. When we got home, I felt like all my mustles had stiffened up and it hurt to move. I took two tylenol pm before bed and I just could not sleep. All across my shoulder blades and chest , down both legs and arms, I had severe pins and needles sensation. I am better today but still have some of the tingling. I had something similar to this about 6 months ago that lasted for about a 2 months. I don't want to go through it again. I thought that was from my femara. I stopped taking it and things seemed to get better.
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 52 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding the symptoms you are experiencing.

Regarding the stiff muscles, pain, pins and needles sensation all over the body that is transient and improving, It looks to me like related to some form of temporary dysfunction of the muscles and the nerves triggered by mental fatigue, hot weather and stress.

So I personally feel these symptoms are non-specific at this point of time and does not require any evaluation. If these persist or you notice additional neurological problems I would recommend you to see a Neurologist for a detailed examination and consultation. For time being continue on Tylenol if it hurts you and just wait and watch your symptoms. Drink plenty of water and try to have a sound to reduce XXXXXXX stress and dehydration.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be helpful.

If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist.