Sticky scrotum and penis even after showers. How to get rid of it ?

Question
I have a sticky scrotum and penis even after I shower. It's not red or itchy. It's just sticky. It also leaves a dirt sweaty film stain in my underwear. Sould I be worried about this? And what should I do to stop the sticky sweatiness? Thank you
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Staining of the underclothes and moistness on the genitals can happen in a warm environment or due to tight clothing.
Some other causes could include a urethral discharge or a fungal infection. A fungal infection is usually itchy or red and since this is not the case, you may ignore that cause.
You can begin with using loose cotton clothing ( boxers). You may require a urethral swab test and a thyroid profile if the symptoms persist.
I hope I have answered your query
I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries that you may have.

Wishing you good health
Dr Vineet Malhotra

Follow-up: Sticky scrotum and penis even after showers. How to get rid of it ? 27 minutes later
I have also notice my scrotum started rubbing up against my leg. Is that normal? How can I fix thi sproblem as well?

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 25 hours later
Thanks again.

If the scrotal size is normal, it is normal even if they rub against the leg.
You can wear cotton underclothes which support the scrotum and prevent this from happening.

I hope i have answered your query.

Dr Vineet Malhotra