Ask a Urologist   »  

Sticky head of penis, wet and cold feeling in penis, no discharge, had sex.Suggestion?

Question
The head of my penis has become sticky. There is no discharge or any other symptoms. The are no bumps, marks or any other feature. It also feels wet and cold and very uncomfortable. It started a week ago and has not got better or worse in this time. I have had sex but my partner is clear of and std's. I thought it was a yeast infection but this seems not to be the case. Please help.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

The sticky head of penis without any rash or discharge or itching is mostly due to the penile secretions only.

You need to wash it thoroughly after retracting your foreskin with a mild soap and water. Sometimes decreased number of ejaculations, increases the resting secretions making the penis head cold and sticky.

Take care of general cleanliness measures and use only cotton undergarments and see if the problem improves.

A direct examination by Urologist will help in ruling out any organic cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.

Follow-up: Sticky head of penis, wet and cold feeling in penis, no discharge, had sex.Suggestion? 22 minutes later
Do you think the fact that my kidneys are also painful could contribute to the condition? Also, could I have caught something off my partner?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again.

This is not something you have got from your partner.

Painful kidneys are usually associated with renal infection or renal calculus. An ultrasound scan will help in confirmation of the diagnosis. Your symptoms are not likely to be related to the renal problem either.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Regards.

Follow-up: Sticky head of penis, wet and cold feeling in penis, no discharge, had sex.Suggestion? 6 hours later
Thank you Doctor. You have been very helpful, but the condition is still with me. How can I make it go away, I am meticolous with personal hygene but this does not seem to work. is there an antibiotic I can buy to make it better? Thank you again...

Hello.

Thanks for following up.

Antibiotics can be prescribed only after physical evaluation. It is best to consult a Urologist and get yourself examined for renal pain as well. Urologist will rule out possible causes after an examination.

Antibiotics will not help your stickiness as it does not seem to be due to an infection.

Washing frequently might help you.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Regards.