Sticky bowel movements, loose stools, hida scan, ultrasound, colonoscopy detected diverticulitis. Treatment ?

I have had sticky and loose bowel movements for 13 years and it is getting worse. What could it be? They have checked by gallbladder with a hida scan and ultrasound and I had a colonoscopy 4 years ago with signs of diverticulits and small signs of other stuff but they said nothing to worry about.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 12 hours later

You have provided with good information, but I would like to know some more details to answer you better.

1. What is the frequency of stool (motions)?
2. What is the consistancy ?
3. How many times in last 3 months did you wake up due to motions?
4. Is there any associated abdominal pain? If yes, what is the effect of bowel movement on pain?increase/ decrease/remains same?
5. Did you notice any blood in motion any time?
6. Is there any fever?
7. How is your appetite?
8. Is there any weight loss in last 6 months?
9. In any way, can you associate onset of symptoms with starting Toprol XL?
10. What exactly the colonoscopy report says?
11. What is your diet? How much is the milk intake?

Waiting for your reply. I will be able to comment only after getting your reply on above questions.

Dr Vaibhav Banait.
MD (Medicine), DNB (Medicine), DM (Gastro-Enterology).
Consultant Gastro-Enterologist and Hepatologist.
Therapeutic Endoscopist.