Stiches scar on left knee. Want to know the best surgeon in Delhi

Dermatologist
Question
HI,MY DAUGHTER AGE 25 YEARS OF AGE HAD STICHES SCAR AT LEFT KNEE .THESE STICHES WAS NECESIATED AT THE AGE OF 13 WHILE PLAYING IN THE SCHOOL AND GOT INJURE. NOW SHE HESITATE IN WEARING SKIRTS OR MAXY OF KNEE HEIGHT. SCAR SIZE IS OF 1/2 INCH(APPROXIMATELY) WE ARE STAYING IN EAST DELHI,INDIA. WOULD YOU KINDLY SUGGEST ME THE BEST SURGERY/GRAFTING FOR THIS SCAR XXXXXXX I WOULD ALSO REQUEST YOU TO KINDLY TELL ME THE NEAREST CENTRE OR DOCTOR FROM MY RESIDENCE i.e EAST DELHI,INDIA. FOR REMOVAL OF THESE SCAR SO THAT I COULD GIVE MY DAUGHTER FULL CONFIDENCE. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX MAIL ADDRESS:- YYYY@YYYY 2.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

thanks for writing in.

The best treatment option for any scar depends on the site, size and shape of the scar.

In general, surgery is best avoided over the joints as the skin there, is in continuous motion and stretched, so the results of surgery are not great.

the best bet is LASER treatment (fraxel or pixel). Multiple sessions of this Laser gives 60-70% improvement. and the scar becomes very less visible.

If you can send me a pic of the scar, I shall be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting your response

Thanks

Follow-up: Stiches scar on left knee. Want to know the best surgeon in Delhi 35 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX

As per your requirement i am sending you the picture of the scar XXXXXXX

kindly suggest the best treatment and the preffered doctor for this treatment with laser(fraxel or pixel).

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 hours later

thanks for the pics.

The best treatment for this scar will be fractional CO2 laser (ultra pulse).

5-6 sittings may be required to get a decent improvement.

Thanks