Stepped on a pin. Any chances of getting disease through it?

Jun 2015

My husband stepped on a pin in a dressing room and it went deeply into his toe. He had to pull it out, as it stuck. Should he be concerned about contracting anything - like hepatitis?
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 27 minutes later
Chances of hepatitis are minimal with pin injury as transmission requires blood to come in contact.
Even if there is contact with blood, dry blood is not infective.
however if it was a rusted pin, chances of tetanus is there, so I advise you not to worry and get your husband to take a tetanus toxoid injection.

Wishing you Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.