Stents placed after getting heart attack. Feeling weak. How long will it take to feel better?

I am 59 years old; a fitness trainer who never knew I had heart disease. Last Thursday I suffered a heart attack. I had five stents placed (two stents in two arteries; one in another). Wednesday I had three more (in one artery). How long can I expect to feel so terribly weak?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 13 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
Simple answer is you should be on your feet walking briskly without weakness in about 3 weeks time (it depends on ejection fraction EF on echocardiography which will be done at day 7-10 of your stent implantation).
Now you have multiple stents in your coronaries you have to religiously follow the instructions about drugs diet and exercise, your rehabilitation team will be able to provide you answer about what drugs and diet you ought to take and what exercise you ought to perform(depending upon recovery your heart muscle made after stent implantation). You will be told about life style changes if needed. Take care. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
I hope that answers the question you have asked if you any more question to ask please provide every detail you know about the incident and present condition, I will be most happy to give the answer.

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW