Stenosis, bowel incontinence, bed-wetting. Have been advised to increase dosage for BPH. Any thoughts?

Jul 2016

Wow! What a service.
I'm a spinal cord C3 to C7 incomplete of 7 years. Since fall stenosis has set in and is creating XXXXXXX organ issues. While bowel incontinence is still a Petrie dish for me, bedwetting is new and now wear a diaper.

I do not have BPH. I've been taking .04 Flomax but increased it to .08 following my last food intake in late evening. I'm know the side effects but never suffered from them. This increase of several days produced the desired results in spite that my primary said an increase would make no difference.

I'll see my primary on the 30th and hopefully can report these new results. I'm however cautioned by pharmacists not to increase.

What are your thoughts?

Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
cervical canal stenosis following fall since last 7 years and have been taking Tomsulosin 0.4 mg of Tomsulosin .

You have recently increased dose of Tomsulosin to 0.8 mg without advise of your Dr.
Normally the dose of Tomsulosin is 0.4 mg but it can be safely increased up to 0.8 mg if one does not get satisfactory results with normal dose,keeping a close watch on side effects

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.