Starts itching all over body after masturbation. What cure should be done?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, I am 20 years old male and facing very crucial problem. Whenever I masturbate it starts itching all over my body and makes me very uneasy. I take cetrizine to control it temporarily or till the next time I masturbate, but I want the reason behind it, why its happening and a solution to it. I am masturbating from 5 years but never experienced this kind of problem so why suddenly it started happen from past 3 months and whats the cure. I am feeling really helpless. Also I experience palpitations ,and also there is unusual kind of sensations in legs after masturbation.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 45 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

You case is interesting and but difficult too. Even your attending physician is facing to solve it with B12 injections. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

In my view, your problem is least likely due to allergy, as you are not ingesting any thing from outside which can cause allergy, during masturbation.

There are some important points in your history:
-Vit B12 deficiency: can cause your current symptoms by causing increase sensitivity of neurons due to anxiety.
-Palpitation
-Ideas of helplessness with 3 month old problem

I suspect anxiety as cause of your symptoms which can associated with above mentioned points in your history. But it need evaluation. Anxiety can occur due to following reasons in your case:
-Due to anxiety disorder (psychological in origin)
-Due to B 12 deficiency: you had received treatment already
-Thyroid hormone imbalance: get them measured.

Other symptoms of anxiety which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, tingling/numbness over body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance and dry mouth. Let me know if you have some of these symptoms.

Waiting for your reply,

Follow-up: Starts itching all over body after masturbation. What cure should be done? 23 hours later
Sir I want to know the reason behind my itching. Why it happens only after masturbation. Is it related to thyroid or testosterone low level or anything else.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 11 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Yes, it may be related to hormonal imbalance too. You can review with us with reports.

As, I told it may be because of anxiety also. Other symptoms of anxiety which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, tingling/numbness over body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance and dry mouth. Let me know if you have some of these symptoms.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Starts itching all over body after masturbation. What cure should be done? 8 hours later
Nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health and tingling over the body sometimes happens to me. In this case can you please tell me what test do I need to perform to get rid of this itching and these symptoms. Please tell me the exact names of the test and also please tell me can this be due to Hyperthyroidism also...and if yes tell me the name of the test so that I can clear my doubts.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Presence of nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health and tingling over the body along with palpitation indicate you have anxiety problem. Anxiety is most probable cause of of your problem.

It is diagnosed from history and in person mental status examination by psychiatrist.

B 12 deficiency and thyroid hormone imbalance can lead to anxiety disorder.

For thyroid get T3/T4/TSH estimation from blood (taken in morning in empty stomach).

Wish you good health.
Regards.