Starts bleeding before periods and continues with normal periods. What is the problem?

hi iam 37 year old. i have a problem now 7-8 years that i get little bleeding atleast 10days before my periods. it is continues and than have my normal periods too. i have get this checked from many doctors but of no use. hope you can help me with this.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Juhi 36 minutes later

The problem that you are having is common at your age. The spotting that you have before your periods can be due to a number of causes. I appreciate that you are not ignoring this problem and trying to find the reasons. I would like to know the treatments done till now.

Was an Ultrasonogram done ? Can you share the report or the opinion of the doctor

Is there a procedure done called D&C? Was a biopsy taken and reported from Pathologist? Can you share them with me?

It would be better if you can upload the test reports from the right corner of this page?

Please let me know.

Hope for the best
Dr Juhi
Follow-up: Starts bleeding before periods and continues with normal periods. What is the problem? 29 minutes later
yes all the tests being done n all the reports were normal. i don't have copies with me. can you suggest me the cure for this as i am fed up of this now.
Answered by Dr. Juhi 9 minutes later

It would be really difficult for any doctor to say about the treatment options when the diagnosis is not clear. It is a rare that all the preliminary investigations are normal and still you have bleeding in between the periods for 7 years. Hence I appeal you to upload your reports when you have them. I will be waiting.

I would not like to mention a number of possibilities here as it may unnecessarily scare you. But be assured that almost all the gynecological disorders have an optimal treatment once there is a synergistic discussion between the doctor and the patient. It sometime be a hormonal therapy and at times symptomatic one.

I think the need for you right now is to consult a competent Gynecologist physically. If I am not wrong you are in Mumbai right now. It does not take much time to find a competent one in Mumbai.

Wish you good health.
Dr Juhi.