Starting using high blood pressure medicine. Now experiencing buzzing in head. Medical cure?

ENT Specialist
Good Morning, I am experiencing this buzzing in my head constantly for the last 2-3 months.
I am not sure if it is because I starting using high bloodpressure medicine. I am 56 and this is very irritating.
Should I seek medical attention? XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding Buzzing in your haed for last 2-3 months.This type of unwanted sound is named as tinnitus.there are various reasions for this tinnitus like-

(A) SYSTEMIC FACTORS- (factors other than ear)-
(1) Hypertension.
(2) Thyrotoxicosis.
(3) Hyperlipidemia.
(4) Old age.
(B) AURAL FFACTORS- ( diseases of ear)-
(1) Congestion of ear drum and middle ear.
(2) Impacted wax.
(3) Otoscrosis.
(4) Meniere's disease.
(5) Noice induce hearing loss ( Sound pollution)
(6) Chronic suppurative otitis media.
(7) Labyrinyhis.
(8) Baro trauma to ear.
(9) Idiopathic.

In your case hypertension appears to be responsible for this, so first of all manage your B.P. and even after if it persist than ENT consultation will be necessary for examination of ear and relevent investigations to find out the real cause and treatment.