Started with pain in the shoulder blades and intermittent pain in arm pit and breast. Suggest?

Started with a pain in the middle of left shoulder blade in early evening. Next morning this had gone but replaced with intermittent pain in left arm pit & in left breast.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is unlikely to be serious...

Detailed Answer:

Left side pain has been giving restless nights to many of my patients. Be rest assured, your description is unlikely to be related to a serious organic medical problem. Definitely this doesn't seem to be related to heart in any probabilities.

I understand your cholesterol are high and you also have blood pressure, but I don't think this is related to your current symptoms at all. If you are on medicines to control cholesterol they may be partly related. Cholesterol medicines such as statin produce muscular pain more involving the limbs and not trunk.

In this circumstance, I would recommend you to rest well; avoid physical exertion - especially lifting heavy objects or carrying weight using your left limb. Take over the counter pain killer like panadol 500mg thrice daily. And observe the pain vanish.

If pain continues to persist, then you can consider visiting your nearest doctor for detailed clinical examination and X-rays. I wouldn't consider ECG or heart check up for this kind of pain.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.