Started vomiting and stomach pain. Started feeling tired and vomiting. Related to stomach cancer?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My mother started vomiting all of a sudden and she also had stomach pain.After vomiting 3 times she said she is okay..THe vomit was thick brown in colour and this happens to her once in 3 months.Sometime back we took biopsy of a cyst in utres and it was confirmed that it was a non cancer cyst.She becomes very tired after after vomiting almost to the stage of fainting.Is this related to stomach cancer ? Please let me know the causes behind thick chocolate colur vomit ?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A brown colored vomiting after a stomach pain is suggestive of bleeding inside the stomach. It can be due to gastric ulcers or pulmonary hypertension or stomach cancer. Endoscopic examination by a proficient gastroenterologist will help in the proper diagnosis and management.
This is a worrisome symptom and the cause of bleeding needs to be detected after proper investigations.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.