Started using birth control. Noticed yellow spots on breasts. Cause of concern?

Dec 2012

I recently discovered a few weird yellow spots on my breasts. They don't hurt at all, but they're been there for approximately a week. I do have a boyfriend and he does like to suck pretty roughly on the skin around my breasts during sex. Could this just be the result of bruising because of his sucking? Or is it something I should get checked out? I did start on birth control pills two months ago. I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX
From your description, I personally do not feel that it is something you should worry about. The might be just hypopigmentation of unknown origin. I do not think that sucking roughly has anything to do with that, instead you would have had red spots due to petechiae or red lines due to bruising. Since birth control pills are usually made up of hormones, it is also likely that they are the cause of the yellow spots and you can also try to look on other areas of your body. Because if that is the case, they should also appear in other areas.
If the lesions persist for more than weeks and the number increase then you should check immediately with the dermatologist and suspend all drugs you are taking.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Dr Nsah