Started taking pregabalin. Experiencing pins and needles sensation in thumb. Side effect?

I have pins and needles shooting down my right thumb, I have just started taking Pregambalin.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 20 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Pregabalin is an effective drug for neuropathic pain that is characterised in your case by pins and needles sensation. The effect would require at least a month to comnence and it needs to be continued for a relatively longer time. You are advised never to abruptly discontinue the medication for fear of seizures. The side effects of the drug include giddiness and drowsiness. Wish you good health.