Started taking microlite pill and stopped. Have no periods yet. What caan be done?

a quick question , i started back on the pill ( microlite) and i took my last tablet on friday, and i thought you would get your period within 2 - 3 days and still nothing for me, i am due back on the pill on saturday, please advise
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 27 minutes later

As per your history, you have taken your pills correctly without missing a single one. So, pregnancy is least likely as pill's failure rate is very low.

As you said, next pack is due to be started on Saturday. So, you still have 3 more days to wait for your period. If your period doesn't come even till Friday then, in my opinion, you should rule out pregnancy first before starting new pack.

You can get serum beta HCG levels checked on Friday itself( in case you don't bleed) to rule out pregnancy. Most probably it will come out to be negative and then you can safely start your new pack from Saturday.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: