Started taking liv 52 and fat burner capsules. Will this affect liver and kidney?

Question
Hi doctor i am 45 years my name is XXXXXX i have started taking fat burner capsules will it effect my liver and kidneys and also taking liv 52 along would it protect my liver
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 40 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
I can understand your concern, but I would request you to give following details:
1) Are you over weight, please let me know your height and weight.
2) Which fat burner capsule you are taking?
3) Why you are taking Liv 52 tab?
4) Have you done any blood tests like sugar and cholesterol?
Please respond to above details, and then I will be in position to answer.
Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Started taking liv 52 and fat burner capsules. Will this affect liver and kidney? 22 hours later
sir i am 6 ft 80 kgs and i am taking XXXXXXX lean , yes my blood tests are normal i am not diabetic i just want to get in to shape also i am on low carb diet i have been taking whey protien supplement 1 scoop in the evenings after workout

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX
Thanks for your input,
Your BMI as per your height and weight is 24, which is normal and you have abdominal obesity please let me know your waist circumference.
You take care of diet like avoiding sugar and exercising daily you will certainly lose weight and regain the shape.
Such products contain lot of Caffeine, in my opinion you should stop taking such Fat burner.
You can continue to take whey protein supplement daily.
Please continue work out to burn calories may be up to 500 K cal per day.
Hope this answer your query, if you have any more doubt please feel free to ask, I will be happy to assist.
Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.