Started taking aspirin. Discovered a large bruise on the back of calf. What's wrong?

In a fit of hypochodrea, I decided I was at elevated risk for a stroke and decided to start taking an every other day baby (low dose) aspirin. (Red herring?) I just discovered a large bruise on the back of my calf that I can recall no cause for. Did I just dissolve a blood clot inadvertently setting myself up for some sort of heart attack?
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

You should not take Aspirin on your own without Doctor's supervision as it can be Very XXXXXXX .
The bruising might have been caused because of the blood thinning action of Aspirin .

You have not set up yourself for any heart attack . You should get a blood work done to check your bleeding time , clotting time and prothrombin time to be on the safer side and Please do Consult a cardiologist for deciding the Aspirin intake .

Thanks and Take care