Started taking Utovlan after stopping birth control pill. When can I expect my period?

Mar 2016

Hi, I have just starting taking Utovlan but want to have my week's break off the contraceptive pill, do I still take it even though I'll get my period 5/6 days after I stop taking my pill? If I keep taking it will I not have a period even though I'm on my week off?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) If you start taking UTOVLAN (contains Norethisterone) after stopping the birth control pill, your period will be delayed as long as you take the medicine even you are on your week off.

2) While you are on UTOVLAN, you don't get your period or withdrawal bleeding after 5/6 days of stopping the birth control pill.

3) You will get withdrawal bleeding or period within 5-7 days after stopping the UTOVLAN medicine if no birth control pill is used after that.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. If you don't have any other query you can close the discussion.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen