Started swelling and itching after brazilian wax. Safe remedy?

Dermatologist
Question
I get itchy and swollen about a week after my Brazilian wax. So I stopped after about 3 months. I recently got a bikini wax ( they don't touch the labia) and now I'm experiencing the same symptoms just more mild. What do I do
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 52 minutes later
Hello dear.
This means you are allergic to the chemicals used during waxing.
For now to get immediate relief apply oint hydrocortisone twice daily for three days and take an anti histamine like avil. You will get good results.
Thank you

Follow-up: Started swelling and itching after brazilian wax. Safe remedy? 5 hours later
So I guess this means I shouldn't wax any longer? Bc I've been getting waxed for about 3 years and this just started? Why could that be

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 minutes later
Hello dear,
Allergies can develop any time in life.
May be you can try hair removal cream, or just check whether there is any other method of waxing available. I mean using different material, because it is the material which is used in waxing is causing allergy .
Thank you

Follow-up: Started swelling and itching after brazilian wax. Safe remedy? 3 minutes later
Thank you!!

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 minute later
You are most welcome.