Started sweating and bad smell from head while in sun. History of having eczema. What should be done?

When I am in the sun, and start to sweat, my head give off a very bad smell. It's not a sweat smell, but a noxious smell. I shampoo daily and shower daily. I can't seem to understand this. I do have dry skin and had excema as a child. Can you help?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Two possibilities are there for your symptoms.First of all,stress or hormonal changes may lead to excess oil produced by the oil glands in your scalp. This causes the harmless bacteria that live in the scalp to proliferate and feed off the oil, which produces the odor.
Second possibility is of a fungal infection causing tinea capitis.It is contagious and can spread direct contact with someone who has the condition, or if you touch contaminated items such as combs, hats, clothing, or similar surfaces. Diagnosis is by clinical examination of the scalp as well as a skin lesion biopsy with microscopic examination.Anti-fungal medications, taken by mouth, are used to treat the infection.
It is important to keep the area clean. A medicated shampoo, such as one containing selenium sulfide like selsen may also help.
If the symptoms persist then i insist get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.