Started spotting after periods. Can I douche now?

Critical Care Specialist
menstrual cycle hey i was wonderin when your urine Is clear now & you only wiping blood but Not much ! cn I douche it without any problem
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 4 hours later

You are not very much clear in your question.

From what I can understand, you have completed your menstrual cycle and now only small amount of blood is coming and you want to know from us, can you douche now.

The answer is no.

American college of obstetrician and gynecologist (ACOG) recommend that women do not douche. Douching can change the delicate balance of vaginal flora (organism that live in vagina) and acidity in healthy vagina.

Simple way to look at it is, in healthy vagina there are both good and bad bacteria.

The balance of good and bad bacteria helps in maintaining an acidic environment.

Any change can cause an overgrowth of bad bacteria which can lead to a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis.

Researchers have shown that women who douche regularly have more health problems than women who do not.

Cleaning of the vagina should be left to the acidic environment of the vagina .The vagina cleans itself naturally by making mucous. The mucous washes away blood, semen and vaginal discharge.

Hope I answered your query.
For any more questions, do post your follow up.
I will be readily available to answer.
Follow-up: Started spotting after periods. Can I douche now? 1 hour later
ok i was unsure , but thanks
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 1 hour later
Hi thanks for your follow up
If you don't have any more quries , please close the discussion and write review.