Started spotting after missed period. Having upper abdominal pain, loose stool. Should I be concerned?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi. I missed my period last month (not pregnant). This month it is very very light. I have pain in my upper left abdomen and thin stools. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
If you dont have fever, vaginal discharge, chills or severe and unusual lower abdominal pain you shouldnt be concerned.
This is not uncommon at your age. There might be some temporary hormonal imbalance which caused irregular bleeding and ovarian hypoactivity.
YOu should take regular pain killers and watch for progression of your symptoms any new symptom that I ve mentioned: also if excessive bleeding occur after this light one you should check your blood test. If your periods dont stabilise in next 3-6 months you should do gyn examination including ultrasounds and hormone levels tests.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help