Started spotting after intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of pregnancy?

I don't know if I'm pregnant or not or what to do. I'm 17 and I've had regular periods since i was 14,I got my first period when I was 11. My boyfriend and I have sex on August 7,our anniversary. on the 17th I started spotting but no period came. its October 2nd and still no period. I've taken 2 tests and they were both negative. what do I do? Can I be pregnant still?
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
If you have had regular periods till now and this is the first time that your periods are overdue then pregnancy is likely. If the urine test has come negative then you can be doubly sure by getting a blood test done for pregnancy which is more confirmatory.
If it comes negative then a hormonal imbalance is likely which can be taken care of by proper medicines under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.