Started spotting after fingering. Missing period. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, i have a question. On 28 dec, I did a fingering with my girlfriend one day and i just remember that i touched my penis 2 hours before. A week after, she had a brown spotting that lasted for 4 days and whitish for almost 2 weeks. Right now, she missed her period for 4 days. Her previous period is on 14 dec and her cycle usually 28-30 days. There are no other pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, backache, etc. She got a little cramps 3 days ago by the way. Can she be pregnant? Or she just missed her period due to travelling, lots of exercise and stress lately? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

In female ovulation occur in middle of cycle. In your girl friend case cycle duration is 28-30 days so chance of ovulation is highest between 13th to 17th days of menstrual cycle, which is also most fertile period for girls. In your case exposure occur during the fertile period (14th day). Stress, travel and exercise also delay MC several times.

As touched your penis 2 hours before act, which reduces chances of pregnancy but do not rule out pregnancy, as sperm may remain alive after 1 hour of discharge.

Brown and whitish spotting for 18th days rouse suspicion of infection, which can also delay menstrual cycle.

As there are multiple possibilities, so it is better to rule out all conditions after examination and investigation.

Following steps will help her:
-Urine pregnancy test: Now and after 7 days to rule out pregnancy, even chances are very low.
-Gynecological examination of your friend to rule out infection and treatment of both of you in case of presence of infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wishing her good health.

Follow-up: Started spotting after fingering. Missing period. What are the chances of getting pregnant? 5 hours later
Could that brown and whitish spotting indicate implatation bleeding?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up,

Implantation bleeding occur in approximately 33% of all women who conceive. This type of bleeding usually occurs 10 to 14 days after conception--close to the time when the next menstrual cycle is expected. Implantation bleeding also dark in color compared to normal period.

If it is similar in her case, then it may be implantation bleeding, but again other possibilities need to rule out by following steps in primary reply.

Wishing her good health.