Started spotting after depo shot. Is this common?

blood from. menstrualI think it is from getting off my depo shot cause I'm just spotting nothing in urine
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The mild spotting that you are having is likely to be related to the irregular spotting that is commonly seen associated with depo shot. If there is no frequency of urination or fever or burning during urination then a urinary infection is not likely. This spotting is likely to subside spontaneously after a few days without any treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.