Started shivering with fever and pain in bones all over body. Looking for relief

pain in the bones of my body,my holle body is shevring with feaver!
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

It seems like you have contracted a viral fever, probably Dengue or other viral illnesses.

Please get a complete blood count done to look at your platelet count, and ESR. To confirm if it is Dengue or not, you may get serum Dengue antibodies done.

However, I would like to reassure you that the treatment of Dengue or other viral illnesses is symptomatic, unless complicated.

You may start taking Tablet. Panadol (Acetaminophen) around 500mg every 4 hours for the fever to subside. You may also need effective analgesics like Motrin to alleviate the bone pains. Both are available over the counter. Take the medicines after food.

Take complete bed rest for a day or two. Drink plenty of water and fruit juices.

It may take a minimum of 3 weeks for the bone pains to go away. So, rest as much as you can, do not strain yourself physically.

Get well soon. Let me know if you have more concerns.