Started severe headache with stiffness in back of head and neck. What should I do?

I was working out yesterday and severe headache started with stiffness in the back of my head and neck. I can still feel a lot of pressure in my head. What could it be, and what should I do? I never had this problem before.

Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 46 minutes later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, headache is defined as a pain in the head or upper neck. It is one of the most common locations of pain in the body and has many causes. There are three major categories of headaches primary headaches which include migraine, tension, and cluster headaches, as well as a variety of other less common types of headache;
secondary headaches are those that are due to an underlying structural problem in the head or neck like from bleeding in the brain, tumor, or meningitis, and cranial neuralgias which are a group of headaches that occur because the nerves in the head and upper neck become inflamed and become the source of the pain in the head. Also there are headaches due to refractory error of the eyes, hence will recommend you visit your clinician to get yourself examined and identify the underlying cause. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks