Started periods without finishing the pill cycle. Should the pill be taken?

I started my period today but i am not finished my 21 day pill cycle. I was due to take my last pill tomorrow. is this unusual. should i still take pill tomorrow and then take 7 day brake as normal.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Beginning of period even before completing the21 pill pack sometimes happens due to mild hormonal disturbances. Please do not worry as it is not indicative of any serious pathology.
You can avoid taking the pill tomorrow and take a 7-day break from tomorrow.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.