Started periods early and ended early. had spotting later. Cause?

I started my period 7 days early, and ended 2 days early this month. Two days ago I had a spot of blood on the toilet paper after I wiped down there. I'm not sure what's going on. I have been under a lot of stress in the last month with school. Thanks for answering my question.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a mild hormonal imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mild spotting that you had after the periods can be a left over blood in the uterine cavity from your periods. The other possibility is a mild hormonal imbalance. This is not a worrisome finding and this will subside on its own without any treatment. Please do not worry.
Remaining stress free will also help in regularizing your periods and any such episodes in future.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.