Started pain in stomach and loose bowel movements after eating. Feeling nauseated. Any thoughts?

I ATE THEN ABOUT 10 MIN LATER I had bad pain in my stomach that would not go away so I went to bed the stomach was so bad I go up and then had loose bowels and feel naused and this is the 2 day this is been going on
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 22 minutes later

Thanks for writing in
Stomach pain, followed by naucea and loose motions are most likely indicative of Acute gastroenteritis.

Mostly it is viral in origin, so no need of antibiotic.
Take lots of fluid, avoid dehydration.

Take bland diet - BRAT diet i.e Bananas, Rice, XXXXXXX Toast. Once symptoms become less severe then usual diet can be started.

Anti-emetic like ondensetron taken 1 tablet two times a day helps.
Anti-diarrheal Imodium , 1 tablet three times a day helps to stop loose motions.

Continue medicines for 2 days. If symptoms become severe or persists after 2 days then consult physician to rule out bacterial etiology or peptic ulcer disease.

I would like to ask if you are on pain killers or not? Long term pain killer use can cause gastric ulceration and similar symptoms.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: Started pain in stomach and loose bowel movements after eating. Feeling nauseated. Any thoughts? 7 hours later
I am only on synthroid for my thyroid But I seen to have this problem in the evening and have been getting it for about 3 days now. even this morning my tummy is tender in spots.
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 13 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
As per your history, this problem looks like more of indigestion leading to stomach upset.

Still you can take Imodium 1 tablet two times a day. We need to add tab Omeprazole 20 mg- 2 times a day; but this drug needs prescription from doctor.
Take sporolac XXXXXXX -2 times a day.
Continue it for 3 days and problem will resolve.

Along with drugs , I will recommend you to have bland diet for 3 days, have small 4 meals instead of 2 major meals. Go for exercise like walk after meals, if possible.
I hope I have cleared your doubt. Revert back in case of other doubt.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.