Started pain in middle of knee. Had surgery of bone tumor. Advise?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Any advice will be appreciated.
This is about my cousin who has started to develop continuous pain in his medial aspect of right knee. Had a surgery around 5-6 years ago for bone tumour. I have got his latest reports. Need advice. Thanks
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 38 minutes later
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Before I answer your query, I need some more information regarding your cousins condition. Please answer the below mentioned questions and give any more related information though it is not asked in the questions.

* Is he developing pain in the same knee joint for which he was operated upon?
* What was the pathological diagnosis of the tumour that was resected earlier?
* what were the initial complaints or symptoms in the patient at the time of diagnosis of the tumour?
* what was the surgery that was done/
* Any other treatments that were taken (chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc)?

Also the xray pictures that were sent shows very poor visibility of the bone. Send clear pictures if you can.