Started nose bleeding, noticed swelling, blurred vision and constant headache. What is going on?

Im a 29 year old healthy female. My dog and I were playing 2 days ago and he ran into the side of my nose. I started bleeding of the other nostril. There was light swelling and no brusing. I didnt think much of it. I was sleepy shortly after and went to bed. I had blurred vission and a constant headache yesterday. My vision is fine today but the headache is still there. Should I be concerned?
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 6 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From your clinical history, it does not appear that you have sustained a serious head injury. The nose bleed could have been from a local injury. I would suggest that you can follow a "wait and watch" policy. If your nose still hurts, you can try some cold fermentation and a mild anti-inflamatory medication. Avoid blowing your nose forcibly and avoid strenuous physical work for a couple of days. Be vigilant for the following symptoms:
-Forceful vomiting
-Dripping clear fluid from your nose
-Numbness or wekness of any part of the body
-Further visual problems or if your headache becomes worse or persists beyond 2 days.

If you have any of the above symptoms, please seek immediate medical attention.

Best wishes,
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Neuro-Psychiatrist