Ask a Dentist   »  

Started new birth control loestrin fe. Noticed small abscess on gum which hold an implant. Suggest?

May 2013
I have just started new birth control loestrin fe. Now I noticed a get a small abscess I.on my gum which hold an implant. Sgoukfd I Be concerned . ? Thank you
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
coagulation profile

Detailed Answer:
Oral contraceptive pills may not be responsible for your problem.
There may be some infection of the gums.
Rarely oral contraceptive pills can affect the immunity and can lead to bleeding from gums etc side effects.
If you are having these features better to consult gynecologist once, get examined and go for coagulation profile once.
If everything is normal, you can consult dentist and take treatment for gum infection.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.