Started mild pain in left side. Don't have appendix and ovary on that side. Took Aleve. Cause?

General Surgeon
i started having a mild pain in my left side it keeps happening occasionally. I don't have appendix or a ovary on that side. I took 2 aleve i hr ago. I almost went to the hospital
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to left ureteric stone

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting in XXXXXXX

Pain in the abdomen on left side can be due to ureteric stone.

I prefer to take an ultrasound abdomen to rule out this.
Any other abnormality can also be seen.

If it is normal,then the pain could be musculoskeletal.
Skeletal muscle relaxant tablet will help.

I request you to XXXXXXX a doctor and get an ultrasound abdomen.

Hope i answered your query.

If you have any questions further,i will clarify

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Started mild pain in left side. Don't have appendix and ovary on that side. Took Aleve. Cause? 18 hours later
Hi, yes, I finally could read it. I don't have a ovary or appendix because they were removed. Could it be scare tissue. It feels muscular. I have times when my back swivels. Its hard to explain. Female stuff. I don't know what a ureteric is. I hope it comes with the age. My back is having one of its times. My back comes and goes with problems. I have been lucky!! because it seems to get better and in time it goes down again. Definetely swiveling more then usual.

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ureters are present in the abdomen

Detailed Answer:

Ureter is a tube like structure which connects kidney to the urinary bladder. Some times,stone from the kidney fall into the ureter and gets stuck leading to pain. I do not believe scar tissues would be the cause of this pain. The best way to diagnose it is Ultrasound abdomen.

If it is normal,then it could be musculoskeletal pain.

Please get an ultrasound abdomen.

Follow-up: Started mild pain in left side. Don't have appendix and ovary on that side. Took Aleve. Cause? 14 hours later
Thank You Millions,

The funny pain seems to have left. I am in the process of getting health ins. I will be seeing a doctor.

I am ecstatic the pain dissappeared yesterday. I hate to say I had endometriosis long time ago. It felt like it but it couldn't be that. Endometriosis is horrible steady pain(during a month). Scarred me.

Did I tell that the funny pain (i noticed) started after I had a veggie burger and fries then crispie cream donut.

Just wanted you to know . Believe me I weigh 150 and exercise regligously(sp) everyday. I know you need to circulate blood.

That's all I need!
XXXXXXX rodgers

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The pain could be due to the food you have taken

Detailed Answer:

The pain that you have experienced can be due to the food that you have taken.
It might have caused mild infection of the colon leading to pain.

If the pain comes again,i prefer a Pre and Probiotic capsule along with an antispasmodic tablet.

Intermittent Colicky pain is also feature of Ureteric stone.It is better to rule out this.

Wish you good health

Hope, I answered your query.
If there are no further questions,please close the discussion and rate the answer