Started losing weight, getting bruise easily and have frozen shoulder. What is the disease?

My son (37 years old) is bruising easily - scary bruises in fact. He is losing weight, doesnt eat much, drinks in moderation, doesnt do drugs. He tends to go off balance as well. He has a problem with his shoulder (frozen shoulder) and his arm is looking quite skinny.
Could you give me an indication of what the problem could be please
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Although injury is the most important cause for bruises but in absence of any history of trauma, other causes of easy bruising should be looked into.
There are certain medications, which result in alteration of activity of platelets resulting in easy bruising even with minor unnoticeable injury. These medications are use of pain killers, aspirin and blood thinners like warfarin or steroids.
Using natural supplements like fish oil, ginger, garlic, GINGKO BILBOA etc can also cause easy bruising.
Deficiency of folate, VIT B 12, VIT C and VIT K can also cause bruising.
There are many medical conditions which can result in bruising like chronic liver diseases, bleeding and clotting disorders of blood, blood cancer like leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease, multiple myeloma etc

I would advise you to get your son thoroughly examined and investigated by your doctor to find the cause and take appropriate treatment.

I hope it helps. However, you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck