Started lisinopril and HCG drops. Rise in BP. There a correlation?

I'm a 55 year old female who takes 20mg of lisinipril.I started taking the hcg drops on the 26th and have seen a steady rise in blood pressure.Is there a correlation?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Radhika 10 hours later

You have provided me with good information.

You have a history of hypertension and you are taking Lisinopril. You have also started taking HCG drops from 26th.

HCG, is not a steroid but a natural protein hormone which develops in the placenta of a pregnant woman. I assume, you are using HCG drops to lose weight then you would like to know that hCG has no known effect of fat mobilization, appetite or sense of hunger, or body fat distribution.

HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity, it does not increase fat losses beyond that resulting from caloric restriction. Mood swings and high blood pressure can also be attributed to the intake of hCG.

So I would advice you to consult your Physician before taking such medications when you are hypertensive.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.